Saturday, March 28, 2015

HARRY POTTER

So whatever reason, I have never, before these past two weeks, made an account on pottermore. Now I find this so weird because I LOVE Harry Potter. Like read the books ten times each love it. So I always knew pottermore was a thing, but I always thought it was just a game, which I wasn't super interested in. But it wasn't until recently that I found out JK Rowling posts new content on there. As in new writings about the wizarding world of Harry Potter!!! So I was like umm I need to get on this. So I did. I made an account and got sorted and it was sooo cool!!
Now I've never given any serious thought to which house I would be sorted into. So, like most people, I always just assumed gryffindor, because I thought it was the best. So when I was sorted into hufflepuff, I was a little surprised. But when I read more about the description, it seemed more and more like me. Here's the quote that really resonated with me:

"Hufflepuffs are trustworthy and loyal. We don't shoot our mouths off, but cross us at your peril; like our emblem, the badger, we will protect ourselves, our friends, and our families against all-comers. Nobody intimidates us."

When I took the little quiz to sort me, I was dealing with friend drama and I was in mother-bear mode. So these few lines really made me feel like this was my house and I could be proud of that.
Now, onto the new content. On pottermore you can go through different scenes in the book in an interactive way. This is where you can find the new content. In this screenshot, you can see that some of the scenes have little red feathers in the upper right corner. This means there is new content hidden in that scene somewhere. This has been SO MUCH FUN! Finding all the new writings and reading them is now my new favorite hobby. The new content gives me such a better understanding of the characters and the wizarding world in general.

If you love Harry Potter, and you haven't looked into pottermore yet, do it! SO, SO much fun! Also if you've been on pottermore for a long time, let me know other stuff about the site I might be missing out on!

-Natalie 

2 comments:

  1. Harry Potter is awesome :D
    I tried Pottermore don't remember which house I was sorted into though :P

    ReplyDelete